A2ii Scholarship Opportunity for Supervisors for ILO Impact Insurance Academy
The Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii) is offering one full scholarship for an insurance supervisor for the Impact Insurance Academy, which will take place from November 20 to 24, 2023 in Turin, Italy. The scholarship will cover the tuition, accommodation and meal costs and will be awarded through a competitive application process based on the following criteria:
- Country: preference will be given to participants based or working in an Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipient country (low-income and lower-middle income countries according to the World Bank);
- English speaking skills (the plenaries, electives and materials are fully in English and no translation will be available);
- Ability to demonstrate how the training will benefit their work and their country’s inclusive insurance sector;
- Ability to implement the lessons learned from the Impact Insurance Academy and partners;
- Ability to cover the remaining costs of participating in the event (we remind you that participants have to fund their own travel and visa costs).
How to apply:
1. Register for the Impact Insurance Academy by completing the on-line registration form on the ITC-ILO’s website;
2. Send an email requesting a scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Scholarship application”. Please include in your email:
- Name, contact information and country, job title and position, years of experience in inclusive insurance and scholarship amount required;
- At least three reasons why attending the Academy will benefit your work and the country’s inclusive insurance sector; and
- An official “letter of commitment” issued by your organization stating how the remaining costs related to attending the Academy will be covered (travel and visa) and how what you learn will be leveraged by your organization. If you are financing your participation yourself, a letter from your employer confirming your employment might still be required.
The deadline for scholarship requests is September 8, 2023. Applicants will be notified of the organizers decision by September 22, 2023.
For any questions, please write an email to email@example.com.