A2ii Scholarships for the Microinsurance Master accelerator programme 2024 for insurance supervisors
As part of our ongoing mission to inspire and support insurance supervisors to promote inclusive and responsible insurance, the A2ii is offering two partial scholarships for the March 2024 edition of the Microinsurance Master accelerator programme.
What is the Microinsurance Master accelerator?
“Microinsurance Master is a gamechanger. We are applying the programme's insights to create a more supportive environment for inclusive insurance in Nigeria.”
Mr. Sabiu Bello Abubakar
Deputy Commissioner Technical, NAICOM - National Insurance Commission Nigeria
Microinsurance Master is a unique accelerator programme for key microinsurance decision-makers.
Now entering its sixth year, previous Microinsurance Master accelerators have been attended by 95 insurance executives from 35 countries, representing insurers, intermediaries, InsurTechs, market enablers and regulators. The programme has received a 98% recommendation rating in these past four editions.
The Microinsurance Master 2024 accelerator
The Microinsurance Master accelerator starts on 4 March 2024 with a two-week immersion in Philippines.
- You will work with the staff of Pioneer Microinsurance (PH), visit their clients and distribution partners to learn how they grew their microinsurance enrolments from 250,000 to over 18 million in five years.
- You will also discuss inclusive insurance regulation with supervisors from the Filipino Insurance Commissioner and practitioners.
After your return home, a senior inclusive insurance regulation expert will mentor you for three months. This ensures that the key takeaways are implemented to benefit both the low-income communities you target and your organisation.
Upon completion of the accelerator programme, you will become a lifelong member of the Microinsurance Master alumni network, with like-minded leaders, including supervisors from Vietnam, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, DR Congo, Oman, Nigeria, South Africa and Papua New Guinea.
Two partial scholarships are available for supervisors who fit the following criteria:
- You are the key person responsible for inclusive insurance at the Insurance Supervisor;
- You can demonstrate how your participation in Microinsurance Master will benefit your organisation (e.g. development or update of inclusive insurance guidelines);
- The insurance Commissioner (CEO) will endorse your participation;
- Your organisation can cover your flights, hotel accommodation in Manila, visa, and travel insurance.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, field trips/excursions, lunches in Manila and a minimum of eight mentoring sessions from April to June 2024 and lifelong access to our community of changemakers.
How can I apply for the scholarship?
To apply for the scholarship, fill in the Microinsurance Master application form and type ‘A2ii scholarship’ in the box titled ‘Any further comments or questions?’.
The deadline for applications is 15 November 2023. For more information on the accelerator, please visit the Microinsurance Master website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.